Sold 706/166 Wellington Parade (april 2016)

John

Co-Investor at 166 and forum administrator
Staff member
706/166 Wellington Parade East Melbourne
$450,000

WOW! LOCATION OPPOSITE THE MCG

If you want to walk to the MCG, all the sports and entertainment grounds at Melbourne Park, the tennis, and a short walk to the CBD and Fitzroy Gardens then this is it!!
Outstanding apartment comprising main bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a study or second bedroom. Modern kitchen with stainless steel gas hot plates, under bench oven and dishwasher. Located on the 7th floor you have fabulous northerly views across East Melbourne.
The apartment is currently owner occupied and in lovely condition throughout. There is also a lap pool with gym room.
To top it all off cafe 'Persillade' is just next door and the best place for your coffee with friends.
Convenience plus with Jolimont Station and the tram at your doorstep.
This is the perfect apartment for busy singles, professional couples, investors (potential rent range $400-$420pw) or a brilliant Melbourne base if you live out of town.

plan.png 1.png 2.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-east melbourne-122287562
http://www.coultonsmelbourne.com.au/property.php?p=10097428

Last Sold : $225,000 - 01 MAR 2001 Source: Government
Recent Rental: $360/pw in Sep 2011

coultons.png
Graham Coulton 0394972111
Coultons - Melbourne
1st Floor, 120 Upper Heidelberg Road
Ivanhoe, Vic 3079

Attachments

• 706.166flyer.pdf
    338.4 KB · Views: 2

William

Anyone know the size of this unit, in meters square?
I asked the agent yesterday and he didn't know, but he did say he will get back to me with an answer.
Thought I'd ask it here too.

Chen

wow, now june stil not sold
price drop too was 450, now 430-450
i think buyer worry abt building, high fees & owner corp

Matt F

Agree Chen, this one is proving very slow to sell. Maybe its just too expensive?
The $/square meter would tell us, if anyone could tell us the apartment size?

i think buyer worry abt building, high fees & owner corp
Definitely agree about high body corp. fees (I assume that's what you mean), I'm actually amazed there isn't more negative posts about that, and that ties in with the owners corp. I guess.
Not sure what you mean by 'building', do you mean the poor state of the building & pool/sauna area? Or do you mean the lack of a full-time manager/cleaner?

All these points and some others are probably turning off prospective buyers, which at the end of the day, affects every owner here. Lucky I just rent here ;)

Last edited:

s&t

Just got off the phone to the agent.
Sold for $440,000, owner wanted minimum $450,000.
Unit size is 54 meters squared = $8,100 m2, a lot less than previous sales in the block.
Sat on the market for a long time and in the words of the agent, a "soft" result.
The lack of car park was thought to be a factor, as well as 3 unit developments going on in East Melbourne at the moment e.g. Dallas Brook Hall, Clarendon St & another on Wellington Pde.

The current state of the building / building manager or body corporate issues were not mentioned as a factor.

Chen

I kno Dallas Hall building but what new building is happen in Clatendon st and wellington st?
The manager never here or care bring this building down