Dirty water out of tap! Friday 9th around 3.30 pm

emily

I just found this site from google. wish i knew about it 2 fridays ago
Did anyone else have disgusting brown water coming out of their tap ?
(Friday 9th March around 3:30pm)
I was doing a dishwasher load and when I turned the sink tap on, it was dark brown!
I rang City West water and they said turn all the taps on in the unit, until it runs clear. It eventually did after about 5-10 minutes.
City West said there was no work that they knew of in the area, and no-one else had reported a problem yet
Anyone else?

Dave

No dirty water here on Level 1, although I wouldn't have checked until around 6pm that night. I know there was some jack hammering going on just outside the car park gate around that date - hopefully unrelated.

John

Co-Investor at 166 and forum administrator
Staff member
Welcome Emily & Dave to the forums! Well done in finding this site - some promo stuff will hopefully be sent to all residents soon, as well as a nice incentive to sign up & post (more later...)

About the water. That looks truly shocking Emily.
I would have hoped if there was work being done on the water supply, all residents would have received prior warning.
This raises some serious questions. What exactly has contaminated the water? It looks like dirt but could it be toxic?
What if a resident was having a shower? Or drank this water? It is bad enough you were doing a dishwasher cycle.

I think we can assume the work was being done in your building, if as you say, City West had no knowledge of any work being done, and as Dave reports he saw some work being done that may have been water supply related.

Ideally, residents should be forewarned about possible contamination of the water supply. Perhaps the onsite manager could alert residents when work is planned on the water supply, to help prevent this sort of situation in the future.