Hi Folks! Welcome to the forum!

John

Co-Investor at 166 and forum administrator
Staff member
Hi! Thank-you for dropping by.

I hope in time you find this forum a valuable resource for all things at 166 Wellington Pde.
I see it as a place where residents, owners and service providers alike can all interact, exchange ideas, ask questions and voice concerns; with the aim of improving the community and amenity for all.

About me. My wife and I own an investment property at 166 Wellington and from time to time it doubles as our holiday unit. We call Brisbane home but we like to keep in touch with happenings back at our East Melbourne apartment. So with that aim in mind, I helped create this on-line forum.

I plan to produce a handy fridge magnet for the residents at 166, which should get the site more widely known. In the meantime, welcome! - and I hope to see you in the forums!
John

Dave

G'day John, nice to meet you. Impressive site you've created here.
Fridge magnets sound good, would you like me to put something up on the noticeboard in the meantime?
Cheers,
Dave

John

Staff member
Thanks for being the first to sign up Dave!
I'm guessing you found the site thru google? I'm thrilled the site is the top result on google, when searching for "166 wellington".
The notice board idea is a good one, but I'm not sure if that noticeboard (the one in the mail room?) is available for residents to put up notices. I have a feeling it is available only to the on-site property manager / owners corporation. I would say hold off for now, as we don't want to step on anyone's toes.
The fridge magnets will not be far away. I've seen the design and they look great!
John

David

Hi John.
Nice idea, this forum. It could develop into a very handy tool for those living here, or a good way for investors to keep abreast of issues and happenings in the complex.
Thanks for your efforts so far!

John

Staff member
Welcome David! Thanks for signing up.
I hope in time the site becomes exactly that: a handy tool for residents and owners to, as you say "keep abreast of issues and happenings in the complex".
It is pleasing to see today a local real estate agent posted in the buy/sell/rent thread! (Welcome James!)

s&t

Hi John,
Great idea this! Thanks for setting up this website, you clearly have gone to a lot of effort.
S&T
PS We are on level 1 and we only got the magnet in our mailbox last week.

Nikki

Hi John,
This is a great idea! Thanks for setting this up, because since I have been here, I have yet to really meet any of my neighbours in the last few months! Love the fridge magnet - just received it this week. Thanks ;)

John

Staff member
Welcome Nikki, S&T and all the new members.
Thank-you for your words of encouragement. It is pleasing to see many new discussions on important matters at 166.
I will try and answer questions where I can but not being "hands on" at 166, my knowledge is limited. I encourage everyone to drop by the forum from time to time, and see if you can help a fellow neighbour.
A special thanks to Matt F for your helpfull posts & photos.
See you in the forums!
John

Jamie

This forum is great! I just moved into the building last week. Being from Canada, this is my first time in Melbourne so it's nice to get to know some information about the area and building!

Thanks John, and thanks to the residents for the information in all your posts, much appreciated.
Jamie