Intercom not working?

amwolf90

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has been having problems with the intercom not working? From downstairs it seems as if everything is all good but the intercom in the apartment doesnt ring...

I will have a chat with the building manager tomorrow about it. But just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks with it.

Cheers,

Alex

s&t

Mine is not working either, but hasn't worked for months (years?) so probably a different issue.
I emailed Ismail last night so hopefully if a fix is required, both problems can be fixed at the same time.

s&t

Probably best Alex if you let Ismail know of your problem as well.
(Catch him in the office or by email/phone/SMS)
Then if a call-out by the intercom guys (company called Fermax) is required, they can do both at the same time.
My issue is definately not related to your issue. My intercom doesn't work because my number was never programmed into the intercom when they last "upgraded" the system, years ago.
About time it got fixed!

s&t

Hi Michael,
Talk to Ismail, he is a whizz with the Fermax intercom system in the building.
He arranged ours to be fixed with the Fermax technician, who comes every month.

Michael

Yeah, I've talked to Ismail, they've tried to fix it. At this point I'm honestly getting rather tired of letting people know that it doesn't work.

Peter I

Hi All, I am Peter and the owner of 703.
I have had trouble with the intercom. The ground floor handset indicates it is connecting but up in the apartment the wall phone doesn't ring.
I note from posts of a few years back the intercom was problematic. Did it ever get fixed or has everyone just given up on it?
Thanks.

Matt F

yeah, the intercom system in this building is quite troublesome i.e. prone to not working
My intercom works, but my neighbours hasn't worked for years... She doesn't seem to care though.

Peter I

yeah, the intercom system in this building is quite troublesome i.e. prone to not working
My intercom works, but my neighbours hasn't worked for years... She doesn't seem to care though.

Thanks for the reply Matt. Much appreciated.