Hi fellow residents, I'd like to alert you to the danger of falling cigarette butts carelessly discarded from open apartment windows. Last Thursday evening (6/9/12), a lit cigarette butt was thrown from a north facing apartment window. The flash of red hot sparks as it struck the ground was hard to miss. It landed in the rear car park area, not far from the garbage bins and very close to where I was standing at the time. It most likely came from apartment 707, as it was the only apartment with open windows at the time and was directly above where the butt hit the ground. Apartment 707 is a "city edge" managed apartment. I post this here as a warning to people walking in the rear car park under the "drop zone" of open apartment windows.