Pool side bushes

Matt F

Out my window I overheard ismail and another guy with a clipboard around the pool on friday.
It seems the bushes might be causing damage to the pool somehow, from what I could understand.
The older guy with the clipboard seemed to think it wasn't the bushes that were the problem, but more the pool leaking.
Not sure if they are going to leave it as is, or remove the lot.

Last edited:

emily

I was at the pool today and saw this. Why did they start chopping them out if they were not 100% sure they were causing a problem? Looks ugly now where they took them out, which is the end where I sun-bake. So I went to the other end, because you get some privacy from all the windows.

If they take them all out I won't go anymore. So stupid.

Matt F

Seems something is finally happening. I saw workmen pulling out more of the perfectly good pool trees this past week.

For what reason? The expert I over-heard last summer gave the trees the all-clear on damaging the pool.
What's it been, almost a year? since the eye-sore of the half-hacked hedge & the witches hats.
Does anyone have a clue what the body corporate here is doing?
Clearly they don't.

Last edited:
The body Corp in this building is atrocity in my eyes, always has been. I am on the 2nd level and now have 0 privacy. The point of the large trees was to have privacy for tenants and people using the pool. Not happy

William

For us owners and residents who live on the lower levels this is travesty. I feel for you, Scott, level 2 is probably the worst affected by this, likely affecting property valuations of units 205, 206, 207 & 208 the most.

Why have we never been consulted about this? Nothing from VBCS or the committee. I cannot understand why the removal of the mature pool-side trees did not need to go to a vote of owners. The $100,000 foyer "office" (shoe cupboard clad with granite stone, no less) at least went to a vote of owners.

It is also no less a travesty for the users of the pool, with the overall amenity of the area seriously degraded.

It is no co-incidence that the owners committee members, I am reliably told, own properties on and in close proximity to the "penthouse" level, and are not frequenters of the recreation area of the building at all.
I'm also reliability told that the committee have been involved in the recent foyer additions namely the horrid leather lounge and other expensive adornments.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Scott, I wish the owners committee would focus on the whole building (and all her owners) and not just their "pet" projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

SallyB

The body Corp in this building is atrocity in my eyes, always has been. I am on the 2nd level and now have 0 privacy. The point of the large trees was to have privacy for tenants and people using the pool. Not happy

Just another example of body corp mismanaging our assets & wasting our money.
For the last 3 summers (I bought in 2012) I regularly used the pool in summer, both for taking a dip & tanning by the pool.

Not this summer.
Thanks body corp, for NOTHING.

Not to mention the shower has been taken down and there is 2 piles of broken tiles by the pool. Health and safety people???? Jesus Christ!

frankJ

To be fair, they clearly didn't pull out the Yucca trees for no reason.
What that reason actually was, it would be nice to know, but this owners corp. here have never been known for its open communications. At Tribeca where I live (166 is a co-owned investment property for me) we put the minutes of committee meetings in the window of the office for all to read who wish to. Here, I can't even get a copy of the minutes from VBCS - and I'm an owner!
So go easy on the committee, they are not paid a cent and they are charged to act in the interests of all the owners.

Not to mention the shower has been taken down and there is 2 piles of broken tiles by the pool. Health and safety people???? Jesus Christ!
If there is a safety concern, it should be immediately reported to the onsite manager, Ismail. His e-mail is ismail@combinedfs.com.au and is mobile is 0413 521 547. He is paid a damn good wage as full-time onsite manager and safety is a core responsibility so don't hesitate to email, SMS or call him.

Last edited: