Sold 205/166 Wellington Pde. (Sept 2012)

John

Co-Investor at 166 and forum administrator
Staff member
205/166 WELLINGTON PARADE, EAST MELBOURNE
u205.jpg 205166floor.gif lounge.jpg kitchen.jpg bathroom.jpg kitchen2.jpg

Attachments

• u205forsale.jpg
    u205forsale.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks John, I just saw this property listed on Cain's website as well.
FYI this unit changed hands less than 2 years ago in Dec 2010 for $599,000. Will be interested to see if that price can be achieved in this current depressed market. Unit is open for inspection Saturday 8th Sept. 1 to 1.30 pm.

frankJ

I looked at this property on the weekend. Nice neat unit with pleasant outlook to the pool area.
Pity the body corporate fees are so high (agent told me ~$4000!) making it a questionable investment.
Why are the BC fees so high in this development ?
EDIT: Contacted the agent about another property and she told me this unit is under offer. I didn't ask how much was the offer)

Hi John and Frank,
This apartment has officially been sold for a respectable figure of $565,000 by Caine real estate.
It was always going to be hard for the vendors to get their money back considering the local market deterioration since Dec. 2010.
I am curious why the vendors sold it now, holding it for less than 2 years.

The annual body corporate fees are actually more than the figure you were quoted. They are currently a staggering $4,785 per annum ($1,196.45 a quarter) and I share your disbelief. Then of course, you have your Rates, Water & Sewerage & Insurance on top of that.
For this reason I could not recommend this apartment to any of my clients.

(John, This one can be marked as "Sold" in the title!)

David

If the Body Corporate fees are so high, could we maybe ask to get the pool heated so we can use it in winter? Rather than air-conditioning the foyer (although, granted, that has been good in the recent hot few days)...